Friday, May 14, 2010

"Hello World"

The term "Writers block" for an amateur as myself would be by no means an exaggeration but it helps to highlight my present state of mind. Writing is something that i would be starting
after a long pause....pause significant enough to seriously slow down not just keystrokes,
but also put you in a jinx and then you start treading cautiously what to pick to write about.
Well.. despite a few concerted efforts, I was never a regular blogger.


Long back i had read about various quirks people adopted to counter writer's block.
There was a once a poet who immersed his feet in cold water to overcome his mental block.
Poets and Painters often turn to their "MUSES" to seek inspiration.
Philosophers trust their eccentric companions or totally isolate themselves to counter it.
Then there are people whose creative juices flow once when they have imbibed enough spirit.

I belonged to none of the above group so I took a bit different path..
I took a walk..and a cup of tea. None of these actually helped. So i figured out was mental block
was something that cannot be cleared by some standard operating procedures.


Well we always have a hitch before we start something new or revisit something that has gathered moss for a significant period of time.

I had a hard time deciding to pick topic to break that jinx. There was another realization in queue... waiting to be discovered ..
Selective elimination of options does not necessarily result in selection of one.
So here I sit waiting for a something interesting to write about.
So Stay tuned and suggest me some of your worthy inputs, ideas and shape my writing :-).

5 comments:

Anekant said...

Welcome my dear friend !! Your "hello world" is just like you .. a bit confused about what to say :) Anyways, there are a lot of things you can write about. You can start with your most famed creation of all time "Shayad jaw*** aane lagi" :) I'm sure there would be people waiting to lap it up :) or you can write something about our theories of the "other" kind.

saisakhii said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
saisakhii said...

its been years since i penned down my mind too.. and i too tried to start all over again.. but it never happened naturally.. forcing myself to write on something

but in the process i realised.. what is writing all about??
its about how you feel about something and express it..so what are the incidents or instances that make you think more and make me feel so much so that you would want to write them??
in my opinion none can suggest you what to write as it will result in merely a parade of words..
something that has troubled you or something you are proud about or it could even be something you dream....
ha ha i know ur gonna say... i started all over again:)

Electric Emotions. said...

Abe saale maine full post padhi... ye jaanne ke liye, ki tujhe abhi pata nahi hai ki kya likhae.. phew!

Unknown said...

so you are finally here,lets start spreading love